1.3 For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Finstock Capital of London, England
1.4 Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Finstock’s Compliance Officer.
2 Information we may collect from you
Finstock may collect and process the following data about you:
• technical information: this will include information such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• information about your visit: this will including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page;
• personal information if voluntarily provided by you, including name and email addresses as may be provided by you by email or telephone when contacting us or creating user profiles; and
• statistical information about your visit to the Website including the pages you visited and which browsers are used to visit the Website.
3 Use of information
3.1 Finstock may use information held about you in the following ways:
• to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
• as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure.
3.2 At times, we may utilise e-mail and your personal information to provide you with information that you have requested.
4.1 Finstock may share your personal information with:
• any member of the Finstock group, which means Finstock, our subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006, the general partner (or equivalent position) of any fund managed or advised by us or our subsidiaries and such general partner’s subsidiaries, and includes XXX
• members and employees of the Finstock group;
• affiliates of Finstock; and
• analytics, platform and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website, including Lead Forensics and Google Analyitcs.
4.2 Finstock may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
• in the event that it sells or buys any business or assets, in which case it may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets or their advisors;
• if Finstock or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it, including about its investors will be one of the transferred assets; and
• if it is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data by law or in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the Terms and Conditions, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Finstock.
5 Your rights
6 Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information we hold about you. You may exercise your right under the Act to access such information by submitting a subject access request to the address specified on the Contact Us page of the Website.
Finstock acknowledges your trust and is committed to protecting the information you provide us. Whilst we cannot guarantee the security of your information at all times, in order to prevent unauthorised access, maintain accuracy, and ensure proper use of information, we have employed physical, electronic, and managerial processes to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Any information that you give us is protected by a password for added security. Within our Website, your information is stored in password-protected, limited-access servers. Our servers reside behind a corporate firewall that maintains tight controls on any access to the system from both our internal network and the internet.
10 Terms and Conditions
Use of the Website is subject to our Terms and Conditions.
12 Governing Law and Jurisdiction